Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Things I hate in Korean dramas


I love Korean dramas,there's no question about that.I watch them whenever I have some free time, I follow them,I talk about them with my friends,I have a blog about them and the fact that I even make music videos for them just proves how much I love them.But just like " Poison" says "every rose has its thorn", Korean dramas have their flaws too.( Wow that was one long unnecessary introduction!) So here's a list of the things that I really really hate in K-dramas.



1- The Overly cutsey heroines
I don't know why,but for some reason K-drama writers like to create heroines who are too cute, too dumb and too weak all at the same time.And they show it like it's a good thing.In my country that's a package that you wanna stay away from.I have no idea why they don't try to create characters who are strong or smart. Characters who can speak without pouting for every single word that comes out of their mouth-and while on that,how do they even do that? I once tried to speak like that but my lips started to hurt after a few words!
why can't they write characters who don't need a man to save them every time?Characters whose sole purpose in life isn't  finding a rich guy to get married to...Characters like Seryung in " The princess' man" or Eun-ki in " nice guy" (Which incidentally are both played by Moon Chae Won ). Why do they have to write characters like Gil Da Ran in big? I mean I adored big,well ,okay I adored Gong Yoo in big but I liked big very much,and Lee Ming Jung just killed Gil Da Ran for me.Why would a grown up who's also a teacher act so childishly?Why would an  adult walk and talk like a spoiled little girl?Why?Why?I just don't understand it...


2- Hospital scenes
By hospital scenes I actually mean medical procedures that are shown in dramas.I don't know,I guess watching ER for years has really spoiled me but these  scenes are done so badly that you might wonder if the director of the drama has actually ever seen a hospital...Here are some things that make my blood pressure shoot up to the stars.
First off,the IV scenes where the hero or the heroine pulls out his/her IV  and then stands up and leaves just like nothing has happened.The IV is not connected to thin air you people!!! It's in your vein,where there's a lot of blood!When you take out an IV, blood comes out,and not just come out,it spurts out and you have to press it for at least one minute in order to make it stop.And while on that why do they have to pull it out so violently?I mean even if it weren't in your vein,there's a lot of tape around it,pulling it out like that hurts.
Another stupid hospital scene is when a character is in a coma and they have an oxygen mask on their face-not for one or two hours- for days.Can you imagine how bruised the patient's face would be after they take off the mask ??


3-Slapping
This one is downright infuriating!Slapping is not romantic!It's the exact opposite of every romantic thing in the world.It's abusive and controlling.It's sick.I've never slapped anyone in my entire life! Even the thought of slapping someone I hate freaks me out  so how can these people slap someone they are supposedly in love with?
Once a hero slaps the heroine ( not just slap but any kind of physical violence ) he'll lose me forever.Just like what Eric did in Spy Myungwol,or what Kim Rae Won did in Love story in Harvard.Stop using it in your dramas.


4- The forceful kissing and hugging
I can't help but dislike these scenes so much.No matter how hard they try to make it look romantic- you know by using songs and lighting and stuff- I've never found them romantic.In fact I think they are somehow disturbing.Just put yourself in the shoes of the person who's being forcefully kissed.When you don't wanna be kissed,you don't wanna be kissed!It really doesn't matter if the guy who's kissing you is hot or not.You just don't wanna be kissed!!Did I mention that sometimes you just don't wanna be kissed?! That's why I really didn't like that scene in the episode 13 of secret garden...



5- The Incest!
If you've watched Korean dramas you definitely know what I mean.Every year there's a drama in which there's a  creepy love story between two people who may or may not be siblings.Shudders!And some are even worse,those in which the two people grow up as siblings but then they realize that they're not siblings and they fall in love!How can you fall in love with someone who used to be your brother or sister?Urgh...It's just so wrong and twisted and well, WRONG!


6-Wrist grabbing
Ummm!Okay ,this one I really don't get.People have hands you know.You don't have to drag them to places while taking their wrist so violently in your hand!You can just be a gentleman and ask them to go with you,or if you must be touchy feely,you can always gently take their hands.No seriously! 

These were the things that really bother me when I watch Korean dramas.But don't get me wrong,there are hundreds of things that I love in Korean dramas and in another post I will write about them.
So what about you?Is there anything you don't like in Korean dramas? 

P.S: The picture on the top has nothing to do with this post.I'm just so in love with "Nice Guy" that I insert its pictures where ever I can!

14 comments:

  1. I hate how in most k.dramas the hero and heroines shout at eachother and call eachother names, practically in every scene like aren't you guys meant to be in love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!It's awful!I hate that too!:)

      Delete
    2. Then don't watch kdramas! you guys are crazy! you are just wasting your time in creating this stupid blog!
      I didn't hate anything about korean drama. The 6 things that you have mention above and the shout scenes that happened to the hero and heroines , are just only normal for a drama. If you are a true drama lover, then you should know that the shout scenes are not only happened in kdrama, even the dramas that created in other countries have that too, specially in american drama, taiwanese drama, philippine drama, mexican drama etc~ etc! You should be thankful that korean drama are not too full of violence unlike the dramas in other countries. Most of the dramas that created in other countries just like Mexican dramas and American drama are full of violence, such as making sex, hurting, killing and shot the hero and heroines using guns. This Mexican and American dramas should deserve to be hated by the people because of its criminal scenes. Korean drama has it's own rules why it's too different from Mexican and American drama. The hard kissing between the hero and heroine of kdrama and too much crying scenes,killing etc etc is not allowed in korean tv screens because the viewers, specially those who's still under the age of 15 or below, they might be doing that to some other people. Next time before you are going to hate the things that happened mostly in Kdrama, please try to learn their own rules, of why they are doing that. Don't ever try to post it again here on your blog because it means that you are turning down the kdrama. There's nothing you can do about the kdrama anymore, because that's their own rules. If you hate something about kdrama, then it's better for you to just KEEP IT TO YOURSELF! I hope you understand :)

      Delete
    3. i have a better idea...don't read it and let them share their feelings. if nothing about korean drama anoys you than maybe you haven't seen so many. it's a blog, so it's meant for this kind of things where you cand put your anger and discuss with other people

      Delete
    4. Aw thanks for your comment.I really appreciate it :)

      Delete
  2. I agree. Kdrama could be much better without those things! Cool post

    ReplyDelete
  3. :))) yeaj i know the feeling....the forced and uncomfortable kisses and hugs really ruin my mood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know,and I really don't understand why they use it so much...

      Delete
  4. Jaevon, you are truly vile and dumb as shitz. If you're a troll though, mad props.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what is name of drama no3 mcd hd channel

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi, please what is the name of drama , of the image 4, thanks

    ReplyDelete